Stay up-to-date on all Birdies information via email:
- NO PLEDGE, PURCHASE OR DONATION IS REQUIRED to participate in the Birdies for Charity Contest or to become eligible to receive a prize. A pledge will not increase a participant's likelihood of winning a prize.
- The Birdies for Charity Contest is open to all participants who are 18 years of age or older. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. A participant need not be present to win.
- Only one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the person who guesses exactly the number of birdies made during the John Deere Classic golf tournament. The guess may be any number. In case of ties, the Grand Prize winner will be chosen by random drawing by Tournament Officials from among those who correctly guess the exact number of birdies made. If no one guesses the exact number of birdies made, then the Grand Prize winner will be the person whose guess (either above or below the exact number of birdies made) is the closest to the actual number of birdies made during the Tournament.
- All ties and other prizes will be determined by a random drawing conducted by Tournament Officials, or at the discretion of Tournament Officials. If 15,000 entries are received, the chances of winning a major prize (other than the automobile) are 1 in 3000 and the chances of winning a minor prize are 1 in 150. The chances of winning the Grand Prize are based solely on guessing the correct number of birdies made and the actual number of participants who submit the correct guess.
- The exact number of birdies made during the Tournament will include all birdies made by the PGA TOUR professionals on Wednesday during the Pro-Am event and any birdies made during Tournament playoff rounds.
- Should PGA TOUR or Tournament Officials cancel one or more rounds of Tournament play because of weather or other conditions, then the following number of Birdies may be added, at the discretion of tournament officials, to the regular Birdies total to determine the total number of Birdies made during the John Deere Classic:
- Wednesday/Pro-Am - 200
- Thursday/First Round - 400
- Friday/Second Round - 400
- Saturday/Third Round - 200
- Sunday/Final Round - 200
- The total so determined shall be the "Total Number of Birdies" made during the John Deere Classic for all purposes, specifically including the "Guess the Birdies Contest" and the awarding of the Grand Prize automobile.
- Guesses for the Grand Prize will end on Friday of Tournament Week at the end of Tournament play or sooner as determined by Tournament Officials if rain would cancel a round of play.
- PGA TOUR officials will determine the final number of birdies made except as provided for herein.
- Entry form distribution will begin in April and will extend through the John Deere Classic. Only guesses made on official entry forms will be eligible for prizes. No photocopies. No exceptions. Official entry forms must be obtained from participating charities, or at the John Deere Classic Tournament office located at 15623 Coaltown Road, East Moline, IL 61244, or other locations listed on this website. Pledge forms may be printed by participating charities only at www.birdiesforcharity.com and must contain charity name and number to be eligible.
- The Judges' decisions and interpretations of these Rules will be final and will be made in their sole and absolute discretion. No appeal of further review will be permitted. Tournament Officials will appoint the contest Judges.
- Tournament Officials or others may drive the Grand Prize Car for promotional and advertising purposes.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
- Winners are responsible for all sales taxes, registration fees, license plate fees, and income taxes on all prizes, including all local, state, and federal taxes.
- Participants are limited to no more than 10 total guesses per household. Each guess must be on a separate official entry form. If more than 10 guesses are received from any one household, only the first 10 guesses received and recorded will be eligible for prizes.
- Directors, Officers, and Employees of the John Deere Classic, and grand prize sponsor together with their families are not eligible for the Grand Prize.
- Certain prizes may be limited in size and type. All prizes must be picked up at the John Deere Classic Tournament Office within thirty (30) days after notification of award is mailed to participant. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
- Clear, legible handwriting is the responsibility of all participants. The Tournament shall not be responsible for any errors caused by poor penmanship. Pledges without a clearly designated charity will go to the Birdies for Charity Fund and be used as part of a bonus benefiting all participating charities.
- The Tournament is not responsible for any entry forms received by the Tournament after Friday of tournament week. (2018 date: July 13th)
- These Rules may be amended without notice at any time in the sole and absolute discretion of Tournament Officials.
- All prizes are subject to change without notice at any time in the sole and absolute discretion of Tournament Officials.
- Pledges on entry forms without a designated charity will be applied to the Birdies for Charity Bonus Fund. All Birdies for Charity Bonus Fund dollars will be used as part of the bonus benefiting all qualified charities.
- Charities must be publicly supported and recognized by the IRS as a 501(C)(3) organization. All charitable contributions must come from a designated donor and must not be part of a capital campaign. Organizations are not allowed to make a donation on their own behalf. The Birdies for Charity program is intended to support charitable organizations, services, operations and programs. It is not intended to be used for endowment or brick and mortar charitable purposes.
- Grants from donor advised funds & private foundations are not eligible for JDC benefits per IRS regulations.
- Birdies for Charity administrator is:
Birdies for Charity and John Deere Classic
15623 Coaltown Road
East Moline, IL 61244
Birdies for Charity sponsor is John Deere
One John Deere Place
Moline, IL 61265